Friday 30 June 2017

Mrs Mac suggests - What to read in JULY

Here in the UK we had a really hot spell in June followed by several very rainy days indeed..... nearly switched the central heating back on!!  So now the season for Day Lilies is on us, and I really would like some sun to show them off at their best!  Ah.  Weather.  We all get it, and we all talk about it.

So what shall we read in July?  How about

 something with a drink in the title

 - after all, if I get my wish I will certainly be reading in the garden, and a nice cool something or other will do just fine for company.  Here are a few suggestions, but whatever you choose, Cheers!

The Wine of Angles - Phil Rickman
Cider with Rosie - Laurie Lee
Gin Glorious Gin: How Mother's Ruin Became the Spirit of London - Oliva Williams

and finally, one I have read and enjoyed myself:  


Campari for Breakfast - Sarah Crowe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...