Saturday 29 April 2017

Mrs Mac Suggests....... what to read in MAY

May is such a lovely month here in the UK.  Trees are flowering, summer flowers are budding up and ready to go, the world is a pretty place, even when war is tearing countries apart and bullies are winning.  Be that as it may, I looked on my shelves tonight for

A book that looks boring!
 Adopt that old maxim that you can't judge a book by it's cover and see what you can find on your shelves that looks boring at first sight.  I don't know where I got my choice, but it's been on the shelves a while.  The cover is a group of adolescents showing off in the street, a black and white photograph, which has never looked interesting enough - but now it's off the shelf it seems to be much more interesting than it looks.... it's

Liza's England by Pat Parker

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Early One Morning - Virginia Baily

I was attracted to this novel purely by the cover (as I suppose this is meant to happen!) and it has very little about the contents on the b...